Link to the recording of the meeting can be found here:
- Joy Rogers opened the meeting around 7:02PM
- Lt. Naoroz gave a crime update for the sector. Crime is down compared to last year (which was a historically low year). There has been a decrease in package theft but unfortunately an increase in violent crimes. There have also been two robberies in the nearby area.
- Amy Robins and Stephanie Lynch gave updates on the 5th District: the sidewalks are coming and the project will begin in late spring/early summer; a bike survey is also coming (bike lane barriers have been a huge advantage to car speeds in Southside, so keep that in mind as you complete the survey), May 24 City Council officially votes on the budget, Stephanie’s district meeting will be held on Thursday, May 20 at 6pm and details for the Zoom link can be found on her Facebook page.
- Betsy Carr gave an update on the General Assembly meetings and she will be walking through our neighborhood going door to door in the next few weeks.
- State Senator Ghazala Hashmi provided an additional General Assembly update. The Senate is planning to meeting in late July/early August to discuss allocation of federal money. Schools are being pushed as a top priority. She can be contacted via social media.
- Colette McEachin, the current Commonwealth’s Attorney for Richmond has been in office for 18 months and discussed her campaign plan to Restore, Rehabilitate and Reform Richmond.
- Tom Barbour, the challenger for Commonwealth’s Attorney for Richmond spoke about his campaign. He can be contacted by visiting tomrvaca.com.
- William Burnett, candidate for Richmond Sheriff has been with the Richmond Police for over 28 years and discussed his plans, if elected to office. He can be reached through his Facebook page.
- A Dominion representative was unable to make the meeting to discuss plans to move power lines underground. Information will be emailed to those on the mailing list in the next couple weeks.
- Our next meeting will be held (hopefully in person) on September 16, 2021. More details to come.